Since founding in 2009, Twin Cities Pet Rescue has focused on rescuing animals in critical need; specifically, special needs cases and those at risk of being euthanized. Once rescued, all animals stay with loving foster homes, receive optimal veterinary care, high-quality nutrition, and basic training in preparation for adoption. We have rescued and placed more than 2,000 animals with loving forever families since our founding.
Our mission is to rescue abandoned, homeless, abused, neglected, and otherwise unwanted dogs, cats and small companion animals, with the ultimate goal of finding each one a stable and loving forever home. We specialize in providing care for animals with medical needs and behavioral issues and transitioning them thoughtfully and safely into adoptive homes.
A humane country in which animals are treated with compassion and respect.
Continuing to Grow and Helping more Animals in Need
TCPR currently has a network of over 100 foster families and also partners with Chuck & Don’s pet retailers which house TCPR foster cats at some of their locations. To further our mission, we provide lifetime support to all animals adopted through our organization.
While the majority of our foster animals come from local impounds and shelters, we intake animals from out-of-state, as well. These animals are typically dogs rescued from reservations and high-kill impounds.
We have grown significantly since founding nearly 8 years ago and we are rescuing animals responsibly so that TCPR will be around to help animals in need for many years to come. The Humane Society of the United States estimates that more than 6 million animals enter impounds and shelters each year, and only half make it out. We don’t believe that animals should die just because they are homeless. We are working hard to change that through animal rescue, education and community support. Thank you for supporting us!
Our teams and board are comprised of volunteers dedicating their free time, energy and compassion to these animals.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Marie Bergen, Treasurer | Street Factory Media
- Chelsi Womack, Secretary | Regions Hospital
- Drew Bergen | At-Home Puppy Daddy
- Ryan Johnson
- Teri Jakway Admin
- Jill Meidinger
- Chelsi Womack, Supply Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marissa Pitterle, Events Coordinator Volunteer Coordinator | email@example.com
- Jessica Martin, Dog Adoption Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Johnson, Dog Foster Coordinator | email@example.com
- Jill Meidinger, Cat Adoption Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Morgan Meissner, Dog Adoption Coordinator | email@example.com